Thursday, September 18, 2008

Shop Temporarily Closed

Although this is very personal and is probably something I would not share here, it is the reason why I have temporarily closed my shop. If the reason is not important to you, then you don't need to continue reading and if you don't understand the need to mourn a beloved member of the family then at least understand that others do. (sorry if this comes across angry and bitter, but I am running the gammit of emotions right now and I realize many people just don't understand or "get" the grief over a pet - which cuts just as deep as any other loved one and I have experienced both.)

One of our beloved cats passed away early this morning. And for those of you that have pets that you love dearly, you will understand the pain I am going through at this time. And to top it off, it is 3 days after the 4 year anniversary of my previous cats death, Chester, who lived 16 years.

She was an undernourished and obviously cold cat that wandered into our garage for a warm place to sleep last October. We already have two cats whom we adore and although I have enough love in my heart for more kitties I felt two was enough for the amount of space we have and everything else that goes along with caring for a pet.

Not being able to turn away from this poor cat, we fed her and of course she made the garage her home. We gave her a bed and a spot for food and water. She got healthy and I think our initial intention was to bring her to a pound or somehow find her a home, but worried that if a home was not found she would be Euthanized. We kept her and grew to absolutely love her and figured someone must have abandoned this sweet thing. She had lots of affection and even more energy and I hope she knows how much we love her and cannot believe she is gone. Oh, and after calling her "kitty" for many months I decided on the name Daisy - which she always knew when we called her.

This is probably way over the top to write on this blog and I will apologize for that. But for now, this is for Daisy and I hope you know how much I love you and miss you terribly!! I am so sorry you were taken from this life and our lives way too soon as I thought you would be part of our future, which will never be the same!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Wendy! I am so sorry to hear about Daisy. These animals become part of the family and when we lose one, it hurts just the same. Our last two animals were rescues and they have been the best companions. Take as much time as you need. We will be here when you return.

Infinite Cosmos said...

Huge hugs, Wendy!! i'm so sorry to hear about poor Daisy. You have my deep condolences. I'm an animal mama myself (with goats, sheep, alpacas, a donkey, chickens, dogs and cats) and i just love them all so much. It is SO extremely hard when one of them dies so i know what you're going through. more hugs!

Wendy said...

Thank you both for your comments and understanding. That means a lot to me at this time, which is very difficult.